Ironique Cafe 2017 Limited complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Collection of Personal Information
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information about you, from you directly.
We also collect information about you in a number of ways:
– Via cookies when you visit any of our websites
– Through registering to receive email newsletters
– Through any contact you have with us (e.g. telephone call or email)
– When you enter a competition
– When you attend one of our events
– From third parties where you have authorised this or information that is publicly available.
The type of information we collect varies based on your activity:
– When you subscribe to a list, service, account or enter a contest, we may collect your name, location, date of birth, residential or postal address, email, phone number, or other information you disclose to us;
– When you visit our website or view our social media accounts, we may collect statistical information to analyse your online and offline preferences, habits, movements, trends, and other information for statistical purposes.
In certain circumstances, such as entering a contest, we will require accurate and correct information, however, should you contact us with a general question you may interact with us anonymously or through the use of pseudonym.
If we obtain personal information without an individual’s knowledge we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform the individual that we hold such information. We will hold any information acquired in this manner in accordance with this policy.
How we use your personal information
– To verify your identity if you subscribe or enter a competition
– To communicate with you
– To market our content to you including contacting you electronically (e.g. by email or using Facebook or Google to advertise to you)
– For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
We will also disclose personal information in the following situations:
– We may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities or for any other lawful requirement or purpose, including to government agencies or regulators;
– We may disclose your personal information to employees, a related company and professional advisors, including lawyers; or in order to sell our business (in that we may need to transfer personal information to a new owner).
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections. If you provide us with personal information over the internet it is at your own risk as no information transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure.
If you post your personal information on the website’s message board/ chat room or social media properties, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.
You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of our website.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect to enhance your overall experience with Denizen. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. If you would rather not receive any emails from us, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send to you.